This is an easy way to plant any size plant in the correct pot. Planting plants in pots is very simple if you following this easy steps. A plant must be in a pot that allows it to grow a healthy and expansive root system.
Steps To Take For Proper Planting
- Size of the pot, needs to be approximately double the size of the plant.
- Don’t make the pot too large as it can cause roots to get too wet, too cold, too hot.
- Leave the plant in the original pot, start filling pot with soil.
Pack dirt down and then place potted plant inside new pot.
- Leave potted plant in new pot and arrange dirt around it packing it slightly. When sufficient dirt is in new pot, lift the plant out of new dirt. This leaves a perfect size for new plant.
- Take new plant out of original pot and place in already made hole.
- Complete filling and gently packing dirt. Water throughly.
- Leave a small amount of room for mulch which will help keep the moisture adequate.
- To keep plant healthy, a liquid fertilizer should be applied every two to three weeks.
- Be sure and have a good mixture of soil to insure the best growth.
1. Fill and pack dirt in correct size pot
Fill and pack dirt part way before placing plant. Place plant (still in original container) in pot and continue filling in around plant.
2. Place Plant in Hole Made From New Potted Plant
As you can see the image of the pot is embeded in the dirt, so when the plant is taken out of the original pot you have a perfect ready made hole to place the plant in without harming the roots.
3. Water Plant Throughly
Water plant throughly after packing firmly.
4. Place Mulch Around New Plant
Following watering, place mulch around plant, this helps retain moisture between watering.
This video came from YouTube iCultivate
Hopefully you have found this video, in the steps to potting plants in containers helpful. If so, please share with your family and frends on social media… it helps keep the lights on here at GardeningMadness.com.