Planting plants in pots is very simple if you following this easy steps. A plant must be in a pot that allows it to grow a healthy and expansive root system.
Best Steps To Take For Proper Planting
- Size of the pot, needs to be approximately double the size of the plant.
- Don’t make the pot too large as it can cause rots to get too wet, too cold, too hot.
- Leave the plant in the original pot, start filling pot with soil.
Pack dirt down and then place potted plant inside new pot.
- Leave potted plant in new pot and arrange dirt around it packing it slightly. When sufficient dirt is in new pot, lift the plant out of new dirt. This leaves a perfect size for new plant.
- Take new plant out of original pot and place in already made hole.
- Complete filling and gently packing dirt. Water throughly.
- Leave a small amount of room for mulch which will help keep the moisture adequate.
- To keep plant healthy, a liquid fertilizer should be applied every two to three weeks.
- Be sure and have a good mixture of soil to insure the best growth.